Our company prides itself in offering high-caliber, independent consulting services specializing in epidemiology, biostatistics, and data managment. We have extensive experience in epidemiology and outcomes research. We offer scalable products that assist in the conduct of both longitudinal and cross-sectional survey outcomes research for any condition or area of research focus. Our experts have extensive years of experience in creating, manipulating and analyzing large complex data sets.
Hospital discharge data, pharmacy claims data, government databases – all provide information that must be pieced together to inform policy decisions relating to regulation, reimbursement and patient education.
We can help with all aspects of research design:
- Defining the research question and objectives
- Matching the research question to a strategy and design
- Designing a research protocol
- Data collection, analysis, interpretation and manuscript preparation
Data collection, database design, new sophisticated methods of acquiring data – the result is carefully developed and constructed databases that provide the user with State of the Art End Results
We match statistical methods to the research question, and have 25 years of experience with SAS and related statistical software. We always believe in taking an approach that is as simple as possible, and as sophisticated as required. Simplicity is essential to the ultimate translation of study findings; sophistication is essential to scientific validity
New and emerging data sources allow research and statistical analysis describing national trends, population-based estimates, comparative effectiveness research and other analyses that were not possible 15 years ago.
We work with PhD statisticians to develop tailored approaches to statistical analyses.
We conduct systematic literature reviews and meta-analyses to help clients:
- Find out what’s been done
- Identify research gaps
- Refine research questions
- Assess medication efficacy and safety
We use explicit protocols to identify and collect publications and documents, extract information, and synthesize results in an objective, replicable manner. We follow the standards developed by such notable leaders as the Cochrane Collaboration and the Oxford Centre for Evidence Based Medicine.
EPI-SOAR provides consulting services, which will assist you and your company in:
- Taking an Idea to a Fully Developed Project with Identified Deliverables
- Clinical Research and Study Design
- Database Design
- Epidemiologic & Statistical Analysis
- Manuscript and Presentation support
Our Epidemiologists work to develop and execute epidemiological studies designed to address customer-specified objectives for disease management and environmental health surveillance in all areas of the health care industry. They specialize in the identification of risk factors associated with illness, disease, Quality of Life, and the well-being of diverse populations. Our epidemiological and statistical consultants have extensive experience in the research areas of injury outcomes, injury prevention, cancer, cardiovascular disease, environmental and occupational health, infectious disease, reproductive health, and prenatal healthcare.
Epidemiological and Statistical capabilities include but are not limited to:
- Scientific programming
- Full Service Data Analysis and Statistical Support
- Study design, sample size and power calculation
- Development of data collection tools
- Formative research
- Protocol development
- Systematic literature review and meta-analysis
- Scientific report and manuscript writing & preparation
- Data collection and management